I bought a juicer recently, but to be honest, I was quite disappointed by all the wasted veggies & fruit pulp it made (especially if you juice kale since what liquid does kale make anyway!).
As a result I started googling “kale smoothies” in hopes to find a way to salvage the wasted kale and after some trial and error I found an amazing recipe on Butter and Sugar for a tropical kale smoothie. I took this recipe, made a few alterations (like adding in protein powder) and the result… success!
- 2 bananas (frozen if possible)
- 1 cup kale, stem removed (I like the Trader Joe's in a bag)
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk (coconut tastes better)
- 1 tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil (for texture)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 scoop Sun Warrior Protein Powder (Vanilla)
- Place all items in blender & blend until smooth!