*Sorry this post is so late. For some reason I keep scheduling posts in WordPress and I come to find out later they haven’t posted!*
I have an internet browsing problem. One website leads to another leads to an hour of my time
wasted educating myself about different things from recipes to health to business to wedding design to random funny nonsense.
The other day I was on BuzzFeed and one of the links on the bottom suggested I read “18 Microwave Snacks You Can Cook in a Mug“. I used to eat EasyMac in college like every night in a mug (I mean that’s the easiest thing to make right) so this peaked my interest! Blueberry muffins in a mug? Chocolate cake? Now we’re getting somewhere.
I live with my fiance, so I only bake when I have an occasion to go to or guests because if I bake there are only 2 of us to eat it! But a single serving in a mug… yes, please! Now, this isn’t fully Paleo because like the Delighted Momma said “using the microwave is not “Paleo”", but who’s judging?
Chocolate Chip Espresso Mug Cake
- 3 Tbs blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp espresso grounds
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- 2 Tbs unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- dark chocolate chips (>65% cacao) – your discretion on how many you want!
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mug or microwavable bowl or a ramekin
- Cook in microwave for 2 minutes
- Let cool (the mug will be super hot) & enjoy!