Okay so I apologize for being MIA, but apparently being your own webmaster and having very basic WordPress skills is the equation for disaster. I couldn’t access the admin part of my blog for days because apparently I exceeded my MB/GB allowance on my shared server (whatever that means) and my user & login info vanished during the upgrade! So I couldn’t post or access anything for the last few days! Luckily, the problem has been solved (at least I hope) and I have officially transferred over to the big kids playground and have my own server to host my blog!
Over the last few months the Mr. has been reading a lot about the Bulletproof Exec‘s famous “Bulletproof Coffee” and in my last post about Vitamin D, I suggested drinking it to help with absorption. Well we finally caved and decided to buy the “correct” ingredients to try it, and although I have stomach issues (the grass-fed butter & I do not agree), the Mr. swears by it. I personally can’t live without normal coffee in the morning. Something about the delicious smell & taste gets everything going, from a morning energy boost to even speeding along my bathroom routine.
So what is this new fad about Bulletproof Coffee?
Besides tasting like the most delicious paleo latte, it is apparently, also supposed to boost mental performance, increase energy and help make you lean by introducing healthy fats first thing in the morning. This idea was developed by the Bulletproof Exec and inspired by the Tibetan yak butter tea.
Grass-fed butter is a great source of healthy fat, vitamins, CLA & omega-3s and helps boost energy levels quickly and helps with weight loss & muscle building while also providing the building blocks to keeping our bodies healthy. More on butter…
- ~ 2 Tbs Kerrygold UNSALTED grass fed butter
- 1-2 Tbs of MCT oil (you can substitute it with coconut oil, but MCT oil is 6 times the strength of coconut oil & doesn’t contain mycotoxins)
- 2 cups of hot coffee brewed with low-toxin beans (like Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee)
- Brew a fresh batch of coffee
- Combine all ingredients (be careful it’s hot!) in a small blender (like a Bullet blender) or a large blender
- Mix until everything is melted, combined & frothy
- Pour into a large mug and enjoy!
Do not make the common mistakes of adding in sugar or creamers! Read about common Bulletproof Coffee mistakes HERE.
For more information, check out the Bulletproof Exec!